Thursday, June 16, 2005

My mother's felted purse

Here's the before picture. It was 20 inches high before felting. It is made with Knit Picks (big surprise) Merino Style in "Iris" and "Vanilla". It is Number 3 from Bags: A Knitter's Dozen.
And here's the after picture, now a mere 13 inches high.

For felting, I threw it in a pillowcase, tossed it in the washer along with a couple of tennis shoes (thanks to Nancy for suggesting those!), a little bit of detergent and I started up the wash on hot. It took about 10 minutes of agitation. I probably could have felted it a bit more (it's still huge), but this was my first felting experience and it was so lovely that I was afraid of pressing my luck. So, I laid it flat and left it for about four days. Okay, to be honest, I kept checking it and turning the fan on it so maybe it would dry just a little faster, but it really took forever!
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Pugknits said...

oh my, how good looking is this?!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my new purse. My favorite color. Mom

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home