Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Miniature skeins

I've decided to do a miniature scene somehow related to knitting. I'm not sure what exactly yet. I've tossed around the idea of a knitting store or maybe a Christmas scene. Anyway, these are some miniature skeins that I've made for the scene. These mini-skeins are made with 2 strands of embroidery floss about a yard long. I wrap the strands around my hand, take it off and twist it with crochet hooks like you would twist a full-sized skein with your hands, then I tuck one end in the other. Cute, huh?

4 Comments:

Blogger LadyV said...

How about a knitting store decorated in a Christmas Theme? How large will the scene be?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I will do the store or scene in 1:12 ratio which means 1 inch = 1 foot and it will probably be about "room" sized - 8X12. I might even do more than one scene. I'm thinking little knitted stockings.

8:02 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Wow! That will be fantastic. You must share pictures of your progress.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those skeins are so cute! Can't wait to see more of this project.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home