Monday, August 08, 2005

Heirloom Knitting

I received my copy of Sharon Miller's Heirloom Knitting last week and have been drooling over the lace ever since. Wow! Beautiful stuff. Now I just need to find the time/courage to try something from the book.

I'm back to lace after taking time out for my Market Square Bag. My first night working on lace again wasn't good. I picked up Madli's shawl, did one row and realized that I had to frog eight rows because I just couldn't figure out why some pattern repeats had eleven stitches and some had twelve. I was obviously doing something wrong. Thank goodness I had put a lifeline in at the border. I ripped out and picked up the stitches and promptly put Madli down for the night. I picked up Lace Dream. I was working a pattern row and figured out that last pattern row that had been worked was missing a couple of yarnovers. Easily fixed (luckily). Lace Dream is about 2/3 of the way done.

I'm still spinning some lovely aqua merino and seafoam wool/silk blend for a Forest Path Stole. Now that I have some entrelac experience, I really want to start that one soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Wow! I just ordered yarn for the Forest Path Stole too!

Thanks for the visit to my blog and the lovely compliments!

I visited here and saw your beautiful Shaped Triangle before I started mine. Hope mine looks as good :)

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home