Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Fourth time's the charm

I've had some trouble deciding what colors to use for my Market Squares Bag. I'm using Knit Picks (there's a shocker) and the Merino Style just doesn't have five colors that I could get to work together. This is the fourth time I've restarted the bag and I think it will work this time. I'm going to use just four colors - Petal, Cornflower, Honey and Vanilla. You can see all but the Vanilla in this picture. This is my first try at entrelac and I am enjoying it. I plan to do the Forest Path Stole sometime in the future and I didn't want that to be my first entrelac project.

And here is the beginning of a sock using "Dusk" Essential. The sock is Conwy from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. Essential is nice to work with, but not quite as soft as Lorna's Laces.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pugknits said...

good thing you're keeping at it! it came out beautifully :)

thank you for the yarn review..:)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Rissa said...

I like the market bag colors you selected. I have been debating making one myself. I am almost postitive I have that pattern in a book upstairs. :-) It is a toss-up between that and the entrelac suki bag online.

9:46 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Oh I have planned for a long time to try an entrelac project but I've never gotten around to it. You are doing great with it. Looks good!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home