Monday, September 26, 2005

Spinning Adventures

I've been spinning away and really enjoying it. Here's my very first skein from my wheel.

I got bored with plain old white, so I got out some Wilton's Icing dye Saturday night and did this.

For those of you that don't know, the Wilton's dye separates into the different colors that each color is made from. This one is Delphinium Blue (although I think the red patches were a tiny bit of contamination from Mauve). My dye was so old that I would never have used it in food and the colors had already separated in the little pot. I like how it is spinning up and will post some pictures when I ply it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's your first skein? You're doing great!

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your dyed wool, very nice colors. And your fist skein looks great.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful wheel. In my next life, I will learn to spin. Not enough time in this life to do that. I am always impressed with handspun wool. It has to be a really big 'boost' to be able to knit a garment and own the yarn as well as the knitting.

May your new wheel bring joy to your life.

6:04 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

You are well on your way, your first skein looks good. I'm so glad you are enjoying your new wheel and spinning. Can't wait to see the dyed roving spun up.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

you first skein looks great! :) are you spinning thw wilton-dyed one already?

11:02 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Beautiful colors! That's the wonder of dying, you don't know what you'll get, but then, do you care? ha, ha, ha, just as long as you have something to spin, that's what I say!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home