Monday, October 17, 2005

Progress Report

After several false starts, I've finally made progress on the Conwy sock this weekend.

There's nothing wrong with the pattern itself; it's wonderfully written as always. I just had to do a bit of tweaking so the sock would fit my foot. I added a few stitches, but then it was a little too big. Instead of taking away stitches, I went down a needle size. What I have so far fits perfectly.

I've also made a little progress on the Landscape Shawl. I love the way the patterns really show off the yarn. I might have to find another handpainted that I like to make another one. After this one is finished, of course.


I officially have too many works in progress now. I refuse to begin anything else until I finish a couple. Okay, I refuse to start anything knitted. I have my spinning and I have a project planned with polymer clay. And there are the kids' Halloween costumes that I have to make. I'd love to have a few more hours in the day.

4 Comments:

Blogger LadyV said...

If you find those extra hours, share them please.

How is your Christmas scene coming along...Thought I'd forgotten?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

The scene is still mostly in my head, Vee. I've got way too much going on. Maybe once October is over, I'll be done with kids' costumes and Mystery Christmas present number 2 and can work on it. Like I said before, not enough time:)

1:57 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your sock looks great so far! I think I'm going to need to get that book- I've been seeing such great socks from it all over Socktoberist sites. Your shawl is stunning- I love the yarn you chose!

7:28 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

cool stitch pattern on your sock! it creates great texture =) anxious to see it completed

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home