Friday, October 14, 2005

No Clever Title

I love reading other people's clever titles, but most of the time, I just can't think of any. Or I'm probably just too lazy. I thought about a post entitled "To Sleep, Perchance Not to Dream" because for the past two weeks, I've dreamed every single night. Yes, I know people are supposed to dream, but lately, I've been remembering one or two a night. My dreams are usually very vivid and honestly, I'm just tired of dreaming or at least remembering the dreams.

Anyway, on to the important stuff - fiber. The pictures aren't the greatest, but it's been raining and cloudy for a week, so not much good light. This is some of the merino-tencel I've been spinning. This stuff has incredible shine to it. It's a heavier laceweight, but not quite fingering.


And as if I need another project, I've cast on Nancy Bush's Conwy socks for Lolly's Socktoberfest. They are in Knit Picks Essential yarn in Dusk, I think. Though it looks more like Blue Jeans to me.

I had to actually make a trip to buy more sock needles this morning. Most of mine have mysteriously disappeared over the summer. Hmm, probably in socks I started last winter and forgot about. Can't imagine where the socks in progress have disappeared to though.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That merino tencel blend looks just lovely! And I go through phases where for a couple of weeks I feel like I just dream all night long, and all I want is a "quiet" night's sleep!

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful stuff. Makes me want to learn to spin, that wouldn't be pretty. Just bought that Dusk colorway or a friend.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

talk about missing needles! LOL

12:16 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

I love the tencel/merino blend. Of course, I just love anything green! Keep up the good work! I haven't been spinning since last week, just knittin away on a fair isle. :)

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home