Monday, October 31, 2005

Actual progress on something

I know the socks were supposed to be done by today for Socktoberfest, but after the Christmas present and Halloween costumes, I just didn't want a deadline for anything else. I'm also a member of the Knitting on the Road KAL and Conwy is the sock for October/November. I think I can manage by then. Meanwhile, I've started these:

Snowflake fingerless gloves on Page 33 of Knitting Fair Isle Mittens and Gloves by Carol Noble. I'm working them in Knit Picks Palette. The main color is Fog and the contrasting colors are White and Mist. This is my first real experience with Fair Isle and I'm enjoying it very much.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Your mitten looks wonderful. How exciting that your first fair isle mitten is coming out so wonderfully.

9:35 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Your snowflake gloves are just stunning!! Such beautiful colors and I love the patternwork. I've always been intimidated by Fair Isle, but it looks so darned beautiful!! You are doing an amazing job on those gloves- can't wait to see the completed pair! :-)

4:28 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

The mittens are turning out very nicely. The mittens are a great choice for practicing fair isle patterns.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

you never cease to amaze me with the intricate details of your work.

i'll drool over them but attempt it, i'll not yet.

Wonderful job!

10:39 AM  
Blogger April Rescigno said...

Do you have any Fair Isle hints or tricks you can share with us? I've been scared to try it... but enticed as well.

Also: stupid question alert: I've spun some wool onto a spool. Now what???

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home