Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Night-time sky

"Alison tries to fake an astronomy lesson" might be a better title. The other night the moon was just a sliver, but it was so clear that I attempted to get a picture. This is what I came up with.

I couldn't zoom in anymore without making the picture much blurrier. I also tried cropping the picture and ended up with the same blurriness effect. You can click the picture for a bigger picture. If you look to about 2 o'clock of the moon, you'll see a bright object that is a planet. Now, I couldn't tell you which planet because I may have skipped a few too many astronomy labs back in college, but I know it's a planet. So I did learn something. (I can also locate Orion in the winter sky, but it's a pretty easy constellation.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Dad. and nope it is more than likley Venus. Mars is very visible at night at the present though but you will notice that it is an orange tint to it, thus the Red Planet moniker. Look around the sky and you will probably find it. Hope to have been of some help.

11:22 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Beautiful picture! And your dad is too funny. Sounds like something my dad would've said. :-) BTW, thanks so much for the book info- I'm adding it to my wishlist, so hopefully it'll "materialize" soon.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home