Monday, November 21, 2005

I love Handknit Socks

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I did have a nice one.

I've been working on socks. I've finished the Child's First Sock in Shell pattern. That is singular; I've finished just one.

Luckily, I've yet to fall victim to SSS (Second Sock Syndrome), and I plan to cast on for the second one soon even though I've started this.

I couldn't resist the Sensational Socks book. So I decided I could justify starting another pair before the Child's Socks were finished because I needed some Christmas socks. I had the sock yarn already - Burgundy and Pine from Knit Picks. This sock will have a green cuff, toe and heel and the second sock will have red cuff, toe and heel. How's that for festive? In reality the colors a little more distinct, but it is overcast today, so I can't seem to get a better picture.

As soon as I finish Mystery Christmas Present #3 (it's almost done!), I'll get back to some lace knitting.

7 Comments:

Blogger Liz M. said...

Ooh, look at those colors. Don't worry about the second sock syndrome. We all do it! :)

9:05 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Both pairs are BEAUTIFUL!! I especially Love the festive Xmas ones!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm also planning some Christmassy socks and blogged about it, and surfed to your site and found your post today. I love your grey sock.

Weren't you also making the Faux Russian Stole? Mine is stuck at the first repeat

12:34 PM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I have the 2 books you are using now ... love them! After the mittens for my brother, it would sock time.
Your child's first sock is beautiful ... cast on quickly for the second one!

6:58 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your Child's First Sock is beautiful! I love that pattern. The Christmas sock is looking wonderful, too. Can't wait to see the completed pairs!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Stitchingmum said...

Gorgeous sock, I must get the book because I love the pattern!! Have just discovered your site and am enjoying 'getting to know you'!!!
Cheers from a fellow Alison (with one 'l'!!)

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm knitting the first child socks too! Only that it's a gift and I won't post on my blog yet. It's great to see yours turn out so beautifully.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home