Friday, November 18, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, it's my birthday. Because I'm an impatient person, it's not all that exiting. Why? Because I talked my wonderful husband into letting me get my wheel a couple of months early. (My mom also helped; Thank you!) I have a nice dinner to look forward to tomorrow night sans kids. (Harry Potter will have to wait a couple of weeks.) Tonight, I plan to watch Pirates of the Caribean yet again. Since it is my birthday, I doubt my husband will make too many snide comments:)

I now have a little mad money that will feed my fiber habit. I plan on getting some dyes from Pro Chemical & Dye, probably an order from Knit Picks, and an order of fiber to dye including some merino and BFL (for socks!). I have to decide exactly what I want, so goodies to come.

I also want to say Happy Birthday to my friend Susan who shares the exact same birthday down to the year. We like a lot of the same books, movies, tv shows (X-Files when it was good and Buffy) and we both would have been in Ravenclaw. And our mothers are both Gemini. How's that for weird coincidence? Susan introduced me to both the Harry Potter series (which I had refused to read until then because of all the hype, but she said they were worth it) and the Falco novels (a series about a private detective in Ancient Rome - wonderfully written with great characters. I'm currently re-reading them.) Happy Birthday to me and Susan!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you! I hope you have a great day!!! Happy spinning.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Happy Birthday Alison!! (Susan too!) Enjoy your day and hope your year is extra special!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'll have a huge piece of chocolate cake in your honor. I'm selfless that way. :)

6:36 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you enjoyed your special day. ;-) Wishing you lots of yarn, spinning, dyeing and knitting in the coming year! :-)

10:22 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your day was wonderful and brought you all the joy and happiness that you deserve!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Happy Birthday! A wheel is a wonderful gift and getting early was even better.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!! I'm a couple days late, sorry about that. It's taking me a while to catch up on blogs. And it's better to get the wheel early so you can use it all day anyway!

7:47 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

I know this is late but Happy Birthday Alison!

I hope you enjoyed your day and your movie (I've watch that one a few times too)

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home