Friday, June 22, 2007

Trinity and New Book

Here's a quick picture of progress on the Trinity Shawl:

It's a nice stitch and I think it's working really well for my "sherbet" yarn.

I also got Wrapped in Comfort yesterday. This book is by the wonderfully talented Alison Jeppson Hyde. I've loved Alison's stories ever since I found my way onto the yahoo knitlist group a couple of years ago. She loves to knit for other people and always has a wonderful story to accompany her knits. That's what makes this book so very special, that it includes the stories behind the patterns. I've been waiting for the book and it came yesterday when I had just gotten back from the eye doctor with dilated eyes. I still managed to somehow read all the stories with blurry vision and I've looked again at all the shawls now that I can see again. It is a lovely book with beautiful shawls and I look forward to savoring the stories.

Ravelry is taking a little bit of my time. Have I mentioned how very cool it is?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors are perfect- so sherberty and frothy looking- I am sure the shawl will be a beauty!!!!

There are so many knitting books out there that I would like to get these days- I guess I will have to put that one on the list to look at!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking through the Comfort Shawls book at the bookstore a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised by all the beautiful patterns in there! I'm going to have to get a copy of the book.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

LOL! I keep telling people that Ravelry sucks - as in it sucks up my time :-)

The trinity shawl looks great!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should be even prettier when blocked! I imagine the variegation will show up as a just-noticeable sort of shimmer across the surface... very subtle and lovely. :-)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Wrapped In Comfort is definitely on my list of books to get on my next Amazon order. The few shawls I've seen are just gorgeous. The added stories behind the patterns are just bonus.

Beautiful sherbet shawl! Such a fiberlicious colour.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

That yarn is well named! It looks wonderful in the Trinity stitch.

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's gorgeous! I just spent the afternoon in a yarn store and now silly me wants to run back!

And thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Lovely sherbet!

I love Alison's stories, too. :) I can't wait to get my copy!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home