Monday, June 11, 2007

Almost Finished

Well, I'm getting very close to finishing the Sahara. I'm on the last few rows of the bottom, then I'll have to pick up for the sleeve edging and the collar edging. I think I've decided to just use the same color for the edging as the tank. Shouldn't take too much more time and I've tried it on and it fits beautifully. We'll see how it works once it's finished. I really have liked how this garment is constructed. I really like that a good bit of it is done in the round and there will be next to no seaming involved. It's a well written pattern.

In random things, we've gotten our first blueberries off the bushes this weekend. I love fresh blueberries and I'm so happy we didn't lose ours to the frosts like so many. I think we really lucked out. Ours had not yet bloomed when the last frost hit; it bloomed a few days later and our two bushes are just overloaded. Also, The Closer starts back next week; I just love Kyra Sedgewick in the show.

Enjoy your week!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I think using the same color for the edging would be great - the contrasting color is one of the things I didn't like about the pattern.

Mmmm... fresh blueberries...

9:27 AM  
Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

Lucky you! I have a terrific recipe for Blueberry pie, if you're interested...

Blessings!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

i agree with chris! the same colour for the edging would look much nicer then a contrasting colour.

thanks for letting me know about the closer. i'm going to make sure my dvr has it programmed. i still have 2 house episodes to watch as well.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I agree with everyone else that the same color edging is the way to go. You have really knit this quickly!

I love blueberries, especially with a honey-lime juice dressing.

Glad to hear about The Closer. I like Kyra Sedgwich too, and it's nice to see a character named Brenda who isn't a murderer, drab middle-aged spinster or prostitute, which is usually the case.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Lookin' great! And I *love* blueberries! Yum!

And, yeah, same color. :)

10:58 PM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I've been stalled at that point for a good month and half or so I think. Mostly because I'm not positive it is going to fit once I put that inset in. But when I hit that point I also conveniently got some deadline knitting things to take care of. I think I'm about ready to pick it back up though.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its looking good! And I love the color!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home