Wednesday, June 06, 2007

WIP Wednesday

I know I've been MIA a bit lately. I haven't been blogging quite as regularly and I've haven't been commenting as much as usual on everyone's blogs. I've still been a bit under the weather. I'm feeling a bit better today though so I hope I'm on the tail end of all of this. Anyway, I also haven't been knitting quite as much as I usually do. Between not feeling so well and a certain video game that I've gotten sucked into, it makes for not so much knitting. I have read a couple of good books lately though and I'll tell you about those after I show what is in progress. (And I apologize for the crappy photography. There's really no excuse other than laziness.)

First up is Sahara:

I've made it to where the armholes are joined and the piece is worked back and forth for another couple of inches, then the neck is joined and it's worked in the round. The pattern is really easy to follow and it really is pretty quick. I just haven't been working on it a whole lot.

Next is the diamond stole. I had to use the flash to get the pattern to show up, but in doing so, I washed out some of the color. It really is a nice, royal purple.

I have made a little progress with this because it really is a fairly simple pattern and easy to memorize. It's easy to work on when not thinking too much.

And last, but certainly not least is the trinity shawl that I've just cast on for. I'm only about three rows in. It will get smaller each row, then a knitted-on border (which I'm sure you'll hear me complain about because those things take forever!)


Anyway, maybe I'll save the books for Friday instead since I'm not making much progress on anything else, I'll at least have something to share. Maybe I'll even post a couple of reviews on some new knitting books I have. I seem to have acquired several in the last couple of weeks.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you believe that I'm almost hesitant to knit a shawl without a knitted on border these days? I never thought I'd say that after I knit my first, ever ending one. I had to add one to Sivia Harding's Shetland Garden shawl recently because the pattern just says to cast the darn thing off and it looks rather unfinished without a border. {umm. Yeah. Before you ask... there is a blog where pictures of such feats could reside... but as to when such a thing might actually occur... well, I'll let ya know. :) }

9:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I hope you're feeling a bit better!!

I love your purple projects - they're looking great.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

Feel better soon Alianne! There's been a lot going around (at least in blogland) Love your bunny. I had to get my own, but I went for the kitten (as close as I could get to my siamese sweetheart Pippin.)

Blessings!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! Your projects all look lovely. I especially like the diamond shawl.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Just a guess: do you like purple? ;) It's all gorgeous!

Hope you feel better.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better... :o(

3:57 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Gorgeous purple projects! I'm starting to get an attraction to purple. I think I know who to blame. ;-)

Feel better soon!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Hope you feel better Ali!

Tell me, do you keep all your beautiful shawls? You have knit so many you must have quite the shawl wardrobe :)

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure have some absolutely beautiful projects on the needles - and I'm very much into the purple colorways! Looking forward to seeing more of your WIPs! Hope you'll feel better soon!

4:34 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Hi there...I was sampling for the half triangle in trinity stitch yesterday and found myself with 1 stitch left over at the end of the row...either I'm doing something wrong or the pattern's wrong, and I just wondered if you had the same issue?? I didn't see any corrections listed. (It is probably just me as lace is gonna be the death of me, but I love this shawl...)

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home