Monday, June 18, 2007

Ravelry

I'm in. For everyone still waiting, I encourage you to wait patiently for your invite. I've been waiting for weeks and it is so worth the wait! It definitely isn't a replacement for blogging (though it may suck some time away from it), but an enhancement. You can easily see who is doing the same projects as you (or the ones you want to do) and what yarns they are using. You can see what your friends have in their queue and you can see everyone's projects in one place. It really is a wonderfully done site and is absolutely incredible! If you're already on, feel free to stop by and say hi. My user name is Alianne.

As promised, the headless model returns with Sahara:

And Bonsai:

(Please excuse the blindingly white shirt. I do need a cream-colored tee to wear under it, but the white shirt isn't quite as white as it shows up in the picture.)

Thank you to everyone for your kind words about the loss of my uncle. It means a lot.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Both are lovely, what a perfect fit on both!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Just catching up on my blog reading and was sorry to hear about your uncle. Both sweaters look gorgeous! Jobs well done. I got my invite to Ravelry and I'm really blown away by the site. It's fantastic. I've added you to my friends list. My user name is dswaite if you want to check out my section.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Bonsai! I'll see you over at Ravelry.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

Nice work! (and what's inside it looks pretty cute too, although it's hard to tell on a headless model.)

Blessings,

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your Uncle. I lost my Aunt recently, and it affected me greatly. I'll say a prayer for you and your Uncle's family.

Both Bonsai and Sahara look nice. I think I like Bonsai better because it is in my favorite color, blue.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love them! Especially the bonsai! Very nice!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

I'm so sorry about your uncle. Both your Bonsai and Sahara are beautiful -- good job!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Both fit you beautifully and are perfectly lovely!

Thanks for the encouragement on the wait for Ravelry. I joined late in the game, so I imagine I'll be waiting for quite some time.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Both are very lovely and you got the fit perfect! I really like the lace in the Bonsai tunic.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're beautiful! And I had to laugh at your comment: I was wearing a white shirt with a burgundy jumper the day my author's advance copy arrived, and my son grabbed the camera and snapped shots as I gleefully opened the package. Part of me's wanted to go back ever since and say, I really didn't wear quite such a blindingly-white shirt with that get-up! Honest!

Thank you for making me laugh at myself and feeling like oh good, I'm not the only self-conscious one out there. Because looking at your pictures, I'm going, there's no problem here! (Thank you!) Besides--again, those sweaters are absolutely gorgeous.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely- and I think bonsai would look really cute with a summery cami...

8:58 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Those look great!

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous, as I sit here and check my inbox incessantly for my Ravelry invite!

I just wanted to post a quick comment to say hello and introduce myself as April, your blog reader, for the Summer of Socks 2007. And make sure you know that I found your blog and have subscribed to it.

12:03 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

very cute!
i'm sorry about your uncle, was on vacation and not reading blogs.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

They look cute, but I esp love Bonsai!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home