Saturday, June 16, 2007

Finished Sahara

I know, I just don't try to be creative on the titles anymore, do I? The Sahara is done. It is a little tight in the bosom area, but I think it'll be okay. (Though I might consider adding another few rows of pattern around the collar if I change my mind later.) Anyway, here she is:

Specs:
Pattern: Sahara from Stitch Diva
Needles: Size 6 and 4
Yarn: Pima Silk from Misti Alpaca. I used exactly three skeins for the small size. When I say three skeins, I had about three yards leftover. (I had a fourth skein, but didn't have to use it.) It's a nice yarn, but doesn't stretch as much as cotton usually does in my experience which is why I think the bosom is a wee bit tight.
Modifications: None

I know, I still owe you modeled pictures of Bonsai, so I'll try and get those and some modeled picts of Sahara up sometime next week.

It's been a rough week. My uncle passed away early this morning, so please keep my family in your thoughts. Thank you.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sahara looks gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing it on. :)

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be in our thoughts.

Beautiful work.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Irie said...

very cute Sahara! Looking forward to some modeled shots, heh heh, especially if the bosom is tight.. *wink*

just kidding :)

sorry to hear about your uncle.. :(

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you lost him. Best wishes to all the family. And yes, I love that sweater, too, it's beautiful.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Sahara is beautiful!

I'm so sorry for your loss. Of course your family will be in my thoughts.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

You and yours are in my thoughts Alison!

4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, I'll be thinking about you all.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I'm sorry for you family's loss, Alison! I do look forward to seeing a modeled Sahara though :-) It may b just what I need to get moving forward once again on my own! I love the color your chose.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss. You'll be in my thoughts.

Sahara is lovely.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sahara looks fantastic- and a great color btw.

I am sorry to hear about your uncle.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear about your uncle. :(

Sahara is lovely...

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home