Monday, June 25, 2007

Summer of Socks

I've finally cast on for my Summer of Socks socks:

I'm actually to the heel turn now, but it's cloudy today so I used the picture I took yesterday. Isn't the yarn great? It's Austermann Step, believe it or not. I've always loved the Austermann Step because it feels so nice and I have two pairs which really do help my poor cracked feet in the winter. But I've always found the colors, well, on the boring side. The striping was sort of cool, but the colors boring. I came across this one while on a yarn crawl with a friend on Saturday and couldn't resist. I mean, not only purple and pink in the same sock yarn, but also aloe and jojoba. I's some really nice stuff. And I'm doing my usual Plain Old Stockinette pattern.

There might have been a couple more skeins that jumped into my shopping bag.



I doubt I'll have the most socks in SOS, but at least I've started!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Sounds like you're off to a great start for SOS.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

It's pink overdose! :)

Pretty socks present and future!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

ooohhh, I just bought some Wildfoote receintly too. I hope I can get around to using it soon.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Ohhhhh nice! Can you share the colorways for the Wildfoote and Trekking? Thanks!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Love the stripey goodness! There's another color of Austermann Step I keep picking up that I should probably just buy...

12:30 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Wow! I love the colors! :)

12:51 PM  
Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

Oh yeah - you gotta watch out for those mexican jumping yarns. They'll infiltrate your basket faster than you can say "Yippee-ki-yi-yarn."

Blessings!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

i love the way that sock is striping up! you really are off to a great start for the SoS! :-)

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing boring about those colors. ;-) I like them!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Very nice! Great start for SOS.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stripes look great! I think they'll be dang cute socks, for sure.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home