Thursday, December 01, 2005

I Won Something!

I'm so exited! I won a prize in Christine's Thankful Contest. My prize? Melanie's beautiful Moon Dance Stole pattern. It's so tempting to break my vow of no new projects, but I'm going to hold fast. As soon as I finish a couple of things though... Thank you, Christine, for hosting the contest and thank you, Melanie, for creating such a beautiful stole!

I've finished the first of my Christmas socks based on a pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks.

I have cast on for the fraternal twin.

6 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Congratulations, Alison!! That's so awesome!! :-) And you're so disciplined about not beginning any new projects. Don't you feel the lure of the Dark Side? ;-) Your sock is just gorgeous! You always do such beautiful work. Can't wait to see the completed pair!

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww those are so cute. I love that book, so many good ideas, you could knit socks forever and never make two pairs alike.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison, Congratulations! I love that stole and am eyeing it now. A bit like the Faux Russian Stole's construction, no? I wouldn't blame you if you cast on....The sock looks great, by the way, very evenly knit. (thanks also for answering the dyeing q. on my blog, I replied to you there and then surfed here..)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

you're moving too quickly, dang!!LOL...

yes, that book is good and has got a lot of very useful information. i'm going to place an order at amazon, but i'm not sure if i can cope with a KAL, yet. what happens if you never catch up?...teeehee...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

oh cute cute cute. very christmasy!

7:17 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Congratulations Alison! I know that pattern will be calling your name(lol).

The sock....what can I say...It is fabulous! What a beautiful pair they will be.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home