Wednesday, October 25, 2006

WIP Wednesday and Vogue Knitting

Thank you for all the comments about the snowman vest. I'm really pleased with it and I'm almost done. I would have finished the neck/button band last night except that I finished row 5 and realized I had to unknit back to the beginning of row 4 because I forgot the button holes. I still have the embroidery to do as well as the buttons. I have my polymer clay for that and I hope to take pictures of the process because it's actually pretty cool.

I've also been working on this:

It's the Hex Coat from Knitting Nature. This is the front and there will be hexagon medallions along the indentations, hence the name. It's working up fairly quickly as it's mostly moss stitch, once I'm finished with the front and having to remember when to increase and decrease, the back should go really fast.

And onto the new magazine. I have a love/hate relationship with Vogue Knitting. I usually love several of the designs in each issue, but they are usually done in very expensive yarns. I mean the new issue has this and this. I could substitute yarns if I had to for those and probably be quite happy with the results. But this shawl. The color and the sheen are just gorgeous. And it would also cost me a bit to make it as it is. I could do it; just get a color or two at a time. Treat myself. My birthday is coming up after all, but I really don't know about spending that much for one shawl. *Sigh*

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

But But wait, It has to cost a lot to be truely Vogue right??? Isn't that what it's all about? :) :)

12:10 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

that is a beautiful shawl though..

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just ordered the book, knitting nature, just had to have it.
Hex coat looks reat.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with you about VK. I'm not sure I've ever made anything from it, but I have a fair number of back issues containing patterns I like. I'm just glad they're starting to size up some of their patterns.

I love that shawl, too. There are several things in that Asian-ish section that I like an awful lot.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing how that coat comes together!

No yarn you can substitute for that shawl?

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you please remind us what yarn you are using for the hex coat? :-)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm so in love with the Hex Coat. What am I going to do with coat though?

I'm having a hard time with the shawl in Vogue. I can't really -see- it. I do have that issue though and I will peruse it more closely. I do like the blue jacket. I like it a lot. These fall/winter issues really kill me with their inappropriate for Hawaii knitwear items. I think I need to move to Oregon.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home